Start Your New Career Here
Independent Electrical Contractors – Florida West Coast Chapter
Are you looking for a new career or company?
We can help.
IEC Career Fair
on March 3, 2020
from 10am to 1pm
hosted at Career Source Tampa Bay
and supported by a generous grant from
Hillsborough Community College
Join us for our Spring Career Fair.
Our members are looking to hire quality individuals with all levels of experience –
from Master and Journeymen Electricians to brand-new-no-experience-needed individuals willing to learn an in-demand trade. We will be conducting on-site interviews.
If you don’t have experience, don’t worry!
Our apprenticeship program is one of the best in the country, and it is also paid!
Earn while you learn and graduate with $0 debt and a great skill.
Our members and IEC staff will be at CareerSource Tampa Bay from starting at 9am to help with preregistration. To get ahead of the competition, pre-register at EmployFlorida.com – specific instructions are outlined below. If you don’t have time, don’t worry! You can fill it out at CareerSource upon arrival. Apprentices start at $12 an hour. Additional compensation dependent on experience.
For more information or to start the registration process, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
Employ Florida (EF) Quick Registration Guide
It will take about 10-30 minutes to complete your registration.
Step 1 to Begin Registration Process
• Go to www.employflorida.com click “Not Registered,” located on upper right side of page
• Then click “Individual”
• Read agreement, Check off understanding box and click “I Agree” to begin entering personal information
• You must complete all required fields to move forward to next page. When finished click “Next”
• Registration is complete when you click “Finish”
Step 2 to Completing your Full Registration
• Click “My Individual Profile” on the left hand side tool bar
• Click on “Personal Profile” folder (1st folder)
• Click on the “Background” tab; and click on “Start Background Wizard” tab, This step will automatically transfer information to your “Résumé” so that you do not have to enter the information twice.
• There are several easy steps, the wizard will walk you through them all, including:
• Entering your education
• Training qualifications
• Work history – enter as much of your work history as possible
• Entering job type
• Entering desired occupation(s)
• Entering desired worksite location(s)
• Entering desired salary, etc.
• Click “Next”, Step 2 “your background information” is complete
Step 3 of completing a full registration
• Click “Resume Builder” on left side of tool bar under “Quick Menu” box
• Click on “Create New Résumé”
• Select How you want your résumé to be viewed by employers
• Enter Résumé Title, review all information for needed corrections before creating résumé when finished, click “Next”
• Click “Select Résumé & Return” OR select “Another Job Service”
• Save “Résumé” and “Close”
To Look for a Job (Job Search)
• Click on “Job Search” on your left hand side tool bar.
• You have the option to search by: occupation group, salary, education level, etc.
• Click on the “Job Title Description” you want to apply for
• Follow instructions to Apply for the job(s) you selected
Independent Electrical Contractors (IEC) is the only full service national association serving the the interests of merit shop electrical and systems contractors in the United States. The Florida West Coast Chapter Florida’s West Coast and serves more than 80 members across the state.
The IEC provides electrical contractors with a comprehensive and valuable array of products, services and resources designed to give member companies a competitive edge and help them enhance their profitability. Benefits include:
- US Department of Labor approved apprentice training programs to effectively teach your new workforce about safe and cost effective electrical installation thereby improving your bottom line.
- Networking opportunities to meet and share ideas with colleagues and Manpower Exchange programs that help you share workers. The Florida West Coast Chapter holds membership meetings monthly.
- Management education programs to keep you informed of best practices enabling your business to prosper.
- Safety resources to decrease the number of accidents and limit liability insurance costs.
- Government representation, at both the local level and on Capitol Hill, to help protect your right to do business.
- Industry relations activities to build strong relationships with suppliers and vendors, to save you money on the cost of doing business.
We invite you to explore IEC Florida West Coast Chapter and reap the valuable benefits of membership at both the local and national levels. As a member of the IEC, you support the independent electrical contracting industry, which faces daily challenges from organized labor, government and anti-business groups. To view a printable Membership Application, please click the download file below.
Start Your Electrical Career Here